Monday, February 20, 2012

I went to the Animal Fair

The Animal Fair

It is not hard to do. If I can do it you can too.

All you have to do is open your eyes and look for a monkey carrying books.

Before your eyes will appear a menagerie

of animals to amaze those who are not too lazy to see.



And, what follows is where my thoughts took me.

We are all children at heart. I don't care if you are two or ninety-two, you just have to keep your sense of wonder and amazement.


A. Nony Muss

I heard this poem, written by A. Nony Muss, when I was a child of ten. Now, much later - how much later doesn't matter since two or ninety-two, we are all children at heart - I came across the silly lyrics again. So, I can't resist repeating them for all you children at heart.

Indulge me a little, try and remember what it was like to be young and to laugh out loud. The story might have been Peter Rabbit or Alice in Wonderland.

Whatever it was, it made you smile.







i went to the animal fair, by a. nony muss


i went to the animal fair
the birds and beasts were there
the big baboon, by the light of the moon
was combing his auburn hair.
The monkey he got drunk
and sat on the elephants trunk
The elephant sneezed
and fell on his knees
And what became of the monk,
the monk?





No comments:

Post a Comment